Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
In a weeks time my pool went from keeping a 5ppm of chlorine to "0" when i checked Saturday morning. Looks like my SWG may not be producing chlorine to pool. It is right at 3 years old and is a Circupool RJ45. I also noticed a light hint of green on the bottom in spots, so i decided that this may be the time to try to slam pool. Last night i brought up my chlorine to 22ppm and just checked it this morning and got a reading of 13ppm. This means pool has something in water right due to loss? CC = .5

Do i add more chlorine now to bring back up or do i wait till this evening to do it?

CYA = 60
TA = 100
PH = 7.6
SALT = 3400
BORATES = 50
FC = 13
CC = .5

The reason also that i am thinking my cell is not working is due to me switching to super chlorinate Saturday night and had a 0ppm reading Sunday morning. I should have had at least some kind of reading or would water issue cause it?

Thanks in advance for help.

Yes, you do need to SLAM the pool. The SLAM FC level for 60 CYA that you want to maintain is 24.

The more often you can test/adjust back up to SLAM FC level, the faster it will go.

See detailed directions here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/125-slam-shock-level-and-maintain-shockingl

- - - Updated - - -

btw, backwash/rinse the filter when the psi rises 25% over clean filter psi. Brush daily and scrub every nook and cranny :smile:

oh and local pool place said my phosphates were 1000.
SWG guy seems to think that something in the water is causing SWG not to work and that the amount it is producing is just getting robbed by what is in the water. Just kicked SWG back on and will get a test straight from return to see if it is actually producing chlorine.

This morning i had a loss from 22ppm to 13ppm and brought it back up to 28. 4 hours later another test showed it dropped to 22ppm. Just brought it back to 28ppm again and will retest in 4 more hours.

With my CYA at 60 and i should shock to 24, if i go over 24 will it affect the SLAM process?

With my CYA at 60 and i should shock to 24, if i go over 24 will it affect the SLAM process?

No. A little higher is fine. You are right–it takes a serious amount of bleach. Objective is to keep the FC as close to the SLAM level throughout the entire SLAM process. The process can take several days so be patient and consistent in your testing/bleach additions. Some folks even set an alarm to test and add bleach every three hours during the night! :salut:

wow. Well i was off today and checked every 4 hours but back to work tomorrow so will not be able to check that often. Thats why i was think on setting it pretty high in the morning so it would not possibly go below the 24 by the time i got back.

Thanks for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.