Not long ago I bought a house with a pool in Phoenix AZ. Although new to pool care, I managed based on info from this excellent site!
Recently my filter pump died and other pumps don't sound too great. I have listed my setup in my signature but here is some additional details. When facing the pool equipment, this is the arrangement from left to right:
- TR100 Sand Filter
- Sand Filter WhisperFlo Pump (MagneTek Motor Part 8-165201-07 2HP)
- Spa Jet Pump (MagneTek Motor Part 7-177452-03 unknown HP)
- Waterfall Pump (MagneTek Motor Part 8-184323-21 unknown HP)
- Infloor Cleaner Pump (AO Smith Motor K48L2PA101A1 unknown HP)
There is a Clearwater LM3 SWG (in disrepair) and Purex Spa Water Heater (never used by me) in "front" of all the pumps.
I have programmed my Aqualink PDA to turn on the filter and infloor cleaner pumps 6-8 hours daily during overnight hours.
My first priority is replacing the filter pump. Here are some choices I'm considering with prices from my local pool store:
1 Pentair IntelliFloXF 022005 $1078-$150 rebate=$928
2 Sta-Rite IntelliProXF 023005 $1073-$150 rebate=$923
3 Pentair WhisperFloXF 022007 2HP - XFDS-8 Dual Speed $736
4 Pentair WhisperFlo 011515 2HP Single Speed $610 (direct replacement of current pump)
My summer (may-october billing cycles) utility rates are:
on-peak kWh $0.24477
off-peak kWh $0.06118
As noted above, my utility is offering a one-time $150 rebate on "qualifying ENERGY STARŪ variable-speed pool pumps.
Some questions I have are:
1. What do people recommend for my replacement filter pump?
2. Can the IntelliFlo/IntelliPro replace multiple pumps (such as filter and spa or even filter, spa and waterfall?)
3. Will my old Aqualink RS work with IntelliFlo or would I need to use the built-in programming until I upgrade to newer automation system? (not a big deal if I have to use the built-in controls)
4. Any other comments about my setup and what I might consider doing beside the filter pump upgrade?
Thanks for any and all help!