AQUA RITE SWG Gone Crazy

Jul 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
A few weeks ago I installed a AQUA RITE SWG and have added the correct amount of salt to pool. My problem is that I am trying to adjust the percent output and I am having trouble. I started out at 50% for about a week and I could not get the chlorine above 1. I tried to super chlorinate and it made no difference. I decided to shock the pool with Cal Hypo and the chlorine went to 10 and now I am having trouble getting the chlorine down. I have turned the percent down to 60% and the chlorine is still at 8. It is almost like the SWG didn't really start working until I shocked the pool and now I can't get the chlorine down. Should I continue to reduce the % or do I need to do something else.

The pool is a 32,000 gallon plaster surface.

You had algae or some other organics in the water that the SWG could not get ahead of. You were lucky that your single dose of shock (instead of a true SLAM) fixed it. Now the FC demand is back to normal the SWG is producing more than is consumed. Slowly lower percentage and/or run time until hit your target FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.