Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: broken polaris port on pool wall

1. Back To Top    #1

broken polaris port on pool wall

My 15 year old steel wall vinyl liner pool has a port on the wall for connecting the polaris 380. There are two nubs inside the fitting to assist in removing the fitting. If you insert the plastic tool that I purchased at Leslies, it catches the 2 nubs and enables the unscewing of tge fitting.

Last winter when I closed the pool and attempted to remove the fitting the nubs broke off.

I have tried multiple methods to remove the fitting, which seems securely in pkace. The 1/4 inch or so of the fitting outer edge is now breaking off.

Surrounding the fitting is a collar with 4 phillips screws. I have been reluctant to remove the screws because I suspect the collar is holding the liner in place. If I remove it, the liner will stretch and I will have a big issue on my hands.

I am out of ideas. Any suggestions how I might get the fitting out?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: broken polaris port on pool wall

Internal pipe wrench would be my thought.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: broken polaris port on pool wall

John

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd never heard of an Internal pipe wrench. Will pick one up tomorrow after work and give it a try, and then post again. Many thanks for the suggestion.

B