Pool Positioning

Jul 13, 2014
Ohio
Hi All,

We recently purchased a 18' round above ground pool. It will be installed in a few days. We have two areas in our yard where we think it would be good to place the pool. I've attached a picture of the back of our house/yard. Please ignore the horrible paint markings. LOL. The red line is where there is a dip in our yard. The gray circles are where we think it would be good to install the pool.

pool.jpg

We like having it right behind the back door, because it would be easy to build a deck up to it. But would that be too close to the house and the dip in the yard? The dip gets really wet and I would worry that it would cause the walls to be unstable if things got too wet and ground moved.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Hi, welcome to TFP! If you have a nice, long garden hose, set it in a 19-20' circle in the spot where you would like the pool to go. That should show you if it will be too close to the house or the dip in the yard. Move the hose around until you find the ideal location and mark it. Then find out if there are any utilities running under that spot that you need to be aware of.

If you have a nice, long garden hose, set it in a 19-20' circle in the spot where you would like the pool to go. That should show you if it will be too close to the house or the dip in the yard. Move the hose around until you find the ideal location and mark it.

:goodpost:

I think you should also consider what is behind the picture window. Do you spend a lot of time in that space? Do you constantly want to be looking at your pool if you do? Also, where are your water and electrical source located? Is it convenient to one or the other locations?

My personal preference would be to go with the circle on the left.

Thank you all! I think we'll go with the circle on the left. Going to verify some things with the installer when he comes. I don't think the dip/waterway will be a problem as long as we're not right in it. I like having it close to the house for many reasons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.