So with the wife & kids gone for over a week my OCD with the pool is kicking in & I've been concerned (after being out of town the previous 10days)
that maybe some algae is trying to take hold in the pool
here's a previous thread on what I had done after returning from vacation
morning of July 12
FC 3 CC 0 PH 7.6 TA 70 CH 290 CYA 50
I poured 16oz of 53% cal hypo in the pool yesterday around 2pm
So last night after work I stopped at Wal Mart & got 8 jugs of Great Value 8.25% bleach (121oz bottles)
& poured all of that into the pool at 2:30am , so the FC should have been 29+ after that
at 11:45am I'm getting a FC of 14.2 (avg of one 25ml test & two 10ml tests) with CC .2
So definite algae issue ? probably mustard algae ??
I almost always get a little "cloud" off the steps & benches when I brush (figured dust/dirt that had settled)
& sometimes to a lesser extent on the deep end walls near the waterfall
I had a smaller more basic pool with traditional white plaster over a dozen years ago & algae was easy to spot
With this pebble finish though how can one see it growing ???
- - - Updated - - -
oh I did run the waterfall for about an hour at 9am before I tested the water
maybe the algae is hiding in/on the waterfall ??