Test kits question

were not gonna do that, were gonna increase the PH, lower acid levels, and stop putting so much chlorine we put 3 in there, now were putting 1.5
As close as you can, tell us how many tabs you've put in your pool over what time period. If it's only 3 8 oz tabs, you put in 21ppm FC and 12ppm cya. What's the 1.5 you speak of? How many pounds of dichlor have you used, if any? Again over what time period. Depending on your answers, I might have to take back some if not all of my recommendations.

we usually put in 2 every week, or until they dissolve which is maybe every 1 and a half weeks, were still waiting for the test kit its gonna be here tommorow

you think its a good idea if the CYA is to high to dump half the pool?

we usually put in 2 every week, or until they dissolve which is maybe every 1 and a half weeks, were still waiting for the test kit its gonna be here tommorow

you think its a good idea if the CYA is to high to dump half the pool?
Only if the CYA is double what you want. You might need to dump 90%, or you might need to dump none. That's why test results are vital. Speculation just wastes time!

We want to keep my Chlorine levels around 1.5ppm, for a 8,000 gallon pool what would you recommend also what cya level would you recommend?
1.5 is way too low. At 1.5 the sun will burn it off every day taking you down to 0

Here are the recommended levels:

Maintained with Bleach
FC 3-7
pH 7.5-7.8
TA 70-90+
CH 250-350
CYA 30-50

Maintained with SWG
FC 3-5 (See chart)
pH 7.5-7.8
TA 60-80
CH 250-350
CYA 70-80

You need to take some time and read, then re-read the Pool School section of the site.

I think you're missing the point. Your history goes back to the 9th (5 Days) is that as long as you've been using pucks/dichlor shock? Or has it been for as long as you've had the pool? If it's the latter, about how many pucks/lbs of shock have you used in all that time? Lacking any test results, it makes it virtually impossible to determine how much cya is already there. When I was using pucks and shock, it was approximately 2lbs of dichlor weekly, and 2 tabs of trichlor every 5 to 7 days for almost 1.5 years not including winters.

We want to keep my Chlorine levels around 1.5ppm, for a 8,000 gallon pool what would you recommend also what cya level would you recommend?
If you want to maintain FC that low, you need to keep CYA about 10. Of course, at that CYA level, you'll lose all the chlorine within an hour or two to the sun, so you'll be continuously adding bleach.

In Florida, I'd recommend a CYA level of 50 or 60 and the corresponding FC according to this chart: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/2177-Chlorine-CYA-Chart If the columns don't align, try pressing "Ctrl -" and shrink the text a size or two and it will. And that's the last I will comment on this thread. Until you have test results, you're just speculating and guessing.

@ timer guy we have used trichlor pucks since the pool was installed, the pool has been accidentally dumped 2 times(dont ask), and we use maybe a bag of dichlor every month, I have NO idea how many boxes of trichlor weve used, i do know we just ran out of our 16lb box of trichlor

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.