Is this okay

Bummer. Either he measured wrong or just plain stinks at liner installation. Our new pool liner had one very small wrinkle the PB quickly corrected, now zero wrinkles.

Good luck and I hope he makes it right!

I vote on the unacceptable side.. I could of done better than this by myself and saved $XXXXX.xx
You should expect them to get the wrinkles out. I am really sorry you are having this problem. Good Luck to You!!

Hugs as you are going through this. Not good, not good at all :(

I just cannot see anyone being able to "work out" those wrinkles.

It really looks like the liner is the wrong size. Was it a custom liner made for YOUR pool?

Kim

Measured wrong or made wrong. it is wrong no matter who made the mistake. Time to drain and redo!

I wish I could find the build where a liner was made wrong. It was found out when they got to the end and had "left over" bead like you only more. They had the liner remade and it fit like a glove the second time.

Good luck! I hope things do not get ugly but it needs to be taken care of.

Kim

Installer says he can work in the slack (in bead to right if ladder) . I am skeptical. If it doesn't work I'll have wasted a lot if money on water. Thoughts?
my3a4uhe.jpg

This liner should have went back and resized. If it would have been done right, I don't believe you would have had wrinkles on the steps.

The pool folks still think they can fix it. They want too drain all the water back out. That would be fine if I had confidence in what they are saying. Let me ask this: my pool has square floor to wall joins, but the liner seem in most places is 2 too 3 inches out in the floor. Is that normal? I kind of expect the seem to be right at the join. And the liner does not fit tight in the seem but is rounded so that there is an empty space behind it. If that normal? I have been wondering if the is such a thing as ordering a liner with rounded floor to wall joins and if that happened here. Do you guys know if I can use the serial number on the liner to get the specs from the liner company that they were given? Because I don't think I can trust the installer anymore. He had the nerve to tell my wife today that we would have to pay him the other half of the money before he fixes the liner. As if I would pay any contractor the full amount before the job is done. So I think the gloves are starting to come off or something.

He did not ask for the rest of the money! Nope! Not going to happen! I am not sure I could have said anything with my mouth hanging open in shock!

I want you to look at this link. The page 4 has the liner. Look at it then go look at yours. hummmmmmmmmmm Mr. Pool builder really??????

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/78271-Pool-Renovation-Mburg-WV-With-Pics

THAT is how a liner should fit!

HUGS at this time of madness!

Kim

The liner clearly does not fit the pool! I would NOT be paying him anything as you may be needing to reorder a new liner AFTER the pool is remeasured!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The pool folks still think they can fix it. They want too drain all the water back out. That would be fine if I had confidence in what they are saying. Let me ask this: my pool has square floor to wall joins, but the liner seem in most places is 2 too 3 inches out in the floor. Is that normal? I kind of expect the seem to be right at the join. And the liner does not fit tight in the seem but is rounded so that there is an empty space behind it. If that normal? I have been wondering if the is such a thing as ordering a liner with rounded floor to wall joins and if that happened here. Do you guys know if I can use the serial number on the liner to get the specs from the liner company that they were given? Because I don't think I can trust the installer anymore. He had the nerve to tell my wife today that we would have to pay him the other half of the money before he fixes the liner. As if I would pay any contractor the full amount before the job is done. So I think the gloves are starting to come off or something.

Don not pay him the balance of the money.
Insist that he have a representative from the manufacturer of the liner come to evaluate the problems.
I am sure after the manufactures representative see's the problem first hand, he will advise the installing contractor and store owner to remeasure and order the proper liner.
I believe this would be the best approach, as the manufactures rep may offer the company and installing contractor a reduced price on the second liner as they will want to help resolve the situation.
I hope it all works out for you as I know this must be very trying.
Best of luck, Vic.

When we swim water gets behind the liner where they didn't fix the loose track. I guess the didn't use adhesive on the wall foam.
u8uduvad.jpg

This is the biggest curvature area.
vyvy5atu.jpg

Not as bad of a curvature but in a shallow narrow area so I am pretty sure they can't find enough slack to remove it.
enu3aguz.jpg

The say the liner shifted on the stairs and they can fix it. I kind of see what they are saying but honestly none of the areas up to the nearby walls look like they have any material to shift back.
ujutubyh.jpg

Just think if someone steps on the area where the liner does not fit the bottom of the pool. NOT good at all.

Those steps? Nope not happening.

Are they still trying to get you to give them the rest of the money BEFORE they fix it?

I would tell them fix it THEN I will give you the money. Until then.............nope!

Oh I also like the idea of sending pics to the maker of the liner and see what they have to say!

Good luck!

Kim

Checked with the liner company and they aren't not interested in dealing with the pool owners. They said the warranty only covers their seems so the aren't worried about how it is installed. I wanted too try to determine if this is fixable so I asked if I could get the dimensions they were given. The said the dimensions are property of the pool store and wouldn't give me them. Then the called the pool store to let them know. I'm just sick and tired of it. All I wanted to do was pay a bunch of money and get my pool going without any further effort or stress on my part.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.