Changing for t15 on a swinpureplus - help!

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
Hi, i bought a swinpureplus in 2009. It came with a t5 cell. This cell is dead. I need to change. The t5 does not exist anymore. They sold me a t9. It s written in the instruction that only the t15 will fit on older machine that use program before the r1.50. I have the 1.45. So i changed my cell for the t15. Then, i have, they told me, to modifie "a pin" inside the machine, under the screen. I dont see any "pin". So, my cell read 5300 instead of 3400 for the salt.
How can i configurate that old version of the swimpure plus r1.45 system to calibrate for the good salt reading.
Please don t talk about "configuration button" then 't-xx". It did not existe on that version.

Thank you very much for an answer.

Welcome to TFP!

It has been a few years since this last came up, so I'm not 100% sure I remember correctly. Still, my memory is that the older units worked with both the T-5 and T-15 cells without any reconfiguration.

It is certainly possible that you raised the salt level well above normal. When the old cell was failing it would report lower than actual salt levels, and this gets worse and worse over time. It is easy to not realize that is going on and just add a little more salt, which will get things to work for a while until the cycle repeats.

It s thrue but i already realise that.
My salt level was 4300 because my old cell read 3000 and decrease ad 1500. So, i out more salt until i realise the problem.
So, my real salt is 4300.
When i tried t9, it read 5900
Then my t15 read "hi"
I did back wash a lot of time.
It seam that the machine need to be configurated to read the goog salt level.
An action seems to be needed, but what....
Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

It has been a few years since this last came up, so I'm not 100% sure I remember correctly. Still, my memory is that the older units worked with both the T-5 and T-15 cells without any reconfiguration.

It is certainly possible that you raised the salt level well above normal. When the old cell was failing it would report lower than actual salt levels, and this gets worse and worse over time. It is easy to not realize that is going on and just add a little more salt, which will get things to work for a while until the cycle repeats.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.