My pool has been & still is crystal clear with no algae, but after reading the info here I decided to get the Taylor K-2006 just to make sure everything is in balance and safe. Here are my first readings: FC=4ppm, CC=1.4ppm, TA=120, pH=7.4, CH=200, CYA=70.
So I then shocked the pool using liquid chlorine(Sodium Hypochlorite). I put in 3 gallons which I got from using the calculator which brought it up to 29ppm of FC. Just above the suggested shock target. Now 3 days later checking the numbers I get: FC=11.6ppm, CC=1ppm, TA=130ppm, pH=7.6, CH=200, CYA=70. I thought the shock treatment would eradicate the CC. Am I missing something? Do I need to repeat the shock again until the CC reads 0? This is an above ground 24' diameter 52" high pool.
Thanks for the help