Apr 18, 2014
Granbury Texas
FC 7
CC 0
CYA 50
PH 7.2
TA 70
CH 750

Due to high CH i am running with a with PH and TA on the low side. not sure if balancing to accommodate the high CH can cause issues for the pool or if balanced is "balanced".
pool is running clear and consistent. daily FC loss is ~2-3ppm and ph rises only slowly over the course of 5-7 days
Any issues with my numbers?

on a side note... since this is an old pool and me a first time pool owner i was not concerned that one of my returns was missing an eyeball. yesterday i found one sitting around and thought that maybe if i put it in the other returns might get a boost. WOW! now i have almost a spa and water is circulating extremely well. Also noted that the pressure on my DE filter went up 7-8lbs. this seems, to me, to be a dramatic change in the way the pool has been operated. should i backwash to reset my baseline or just let it rise another 2-4lbs?

Your numbers look very good :goodjob:

You will need to keep an eye on CH. Eventually it is likely to go up high enough that you need to replace water to get it back down. Hopefully that won't happen until winter.

I'd go ahead and wait for the filter pressure to increase another 2-4 lbs, then backwash and take a new "clean filter" baseline reading.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.