1. Back To Top    #1

how to my numbers look?

FC 7
    CC 0
    CYA 50
    PH 7.2
    TA 70
    CH 750

Due to high CH i am running with a with PH and TA on the low side. not sure if balancing to accommodate the high CH can cause issues for the pool or if balanced is "balanced".
    pool is running clear and consistent. daily FC loss is ~2-3ppm and ph rises only slowly over the course of 5-7 days
    Any issues with my numbers?

on a side note... since this is an old pool and me a first time pool owner i was not concerned that one of my returns was missing an eyeball. yesterday i found one sitting around and thought that maybe if i put it in the other returns might get a boost. WOW! now i have almost a spa and water is circulating extremely well. Also noted that the pressure on my DE filter went up 7-8lbs. this seems, to me, to be a dramatic change in the way the pool has been operated. should i backwash to reset my baseline or just let it rise another 2-4lbs?
    ~22,000 gal
    Pentair FNS Plus 48 (DE 120GPM)
    IG Plaster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: how to my numbers look?

Your numbers look very good

You will need to keep an eye on CH. Eventually it is likely to go up high enough that you need to replace water to get it back down. Hopefully that won't happen until winter.

I'd go ahead and wait for the filter pressure to increase another 2-4 lbs, then backwash and take a new "clean filter" baseline reading.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: how to my numbers look?

thanks!

what is CH too high look like? (ph levels too low to even stay balanced? of is it a number?)

ive noticed a pool water purification company in fort worth. ~$550 for my pool size I think. Is that how to bring CH down again?
    ~22,000 gal
    Pentair FNS Plus 48 (DE 120GPM)
    IG Plaster