CYA Question

Hi all, once again have to start off by thanking everyone for the great advice here. Really enjoying being a pool owner this year! Anyway, my CYA has been about 100. Have confirmed this by adding tap water to sample and testing again like I was told here. So through heat and heavy use (kids can't seem to keep water in the pool) I have had to add water to the pool several times this year. I tested for CYA again yesterday (twice, did not believe numbers first time) and found my CYA to be 70. I need some reassurance here, I am quite confident in the number but with that will I reduce my free chlorine levels and want to stay away from....well you know the A word (algae)!!

I agree, which leads to me being unsure. I cannot say with certainty that they splashed out more that 30%, I do not have a SWG. I have added all the info to my signature as requested. To be on the safe side, I am considering maintaining my levels as if my CYA is 100. Is there any down side to doing that?

Looks like I left out a TF-100 test kit in my signature.

Excess chlorine level could be bothersome to swimmers. Higher cost in keeping the higher FC level. If you've tested it twice and you come up with 70, trust yourself and go with 70. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...mPM3k1y8ohryazEgZ9OhtCg&bvm=bv.70810081,d.b2U
Maybe splash out and backwashing. :confused:

You can drop the location in your signature as it's in your profile and pops over on the left of your post and add the kit ;)

sounds good to me, i think i am going to pump down to the light fill it up and do it again and see where that gets me CYA wise.*That was back on the 6th. Did you? I'd suggest it's almost impossible to splash or backwash out over 9,000 gallons of water in a week. I doubt draining to the light would be over 9, 000 gals either. Even combined with major splash out. When I drained and replaced water to get my cya down it was 8,000 gals x5 which was 2 ft of water per drain. 1 inch in your pool is just a tad over 400 gals.

And if you need to put more info in your sig, you can combine 2 lines into one.

No, i never did pump out. Think I will do that and test again. As a matter of fact I am going to test again anyway-lol
I have my doubts now! Thanks for the great advice everyone.
I have updated my signature with the test kit I am using, and I will delete location now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.