Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TFP strikes again!

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP strikes again!

I've become a pool snob.

Went to a friend's family pool party tonight and just couldn't bring myself to swim. Cloudy water with all sorts of algae carcasses ( ) yet they were very proud that this was the best their pool had looked all year!

Came home and jumped into my sparkly goodness! TFP!
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TFP strikes again!

Most people don't know what a clear pool looks like.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

It is quite sad really ... had a similar conversation someone who also thought theirs was clean, yet I could hardly see the bottom.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

You've got an icon
    snob.gif
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    You've got an icon
    snob.gif
    .......and a Sign-Up Sheet

We all meet daily here at TFP
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

I can jump on this band wagon, and you know what? Im proud to do so! LOL
    We entertain quite a bit, people compliment me on the pool all the time and say "wow you need to come to my house".
    When I explain to them how its done they glaze over, ok open your mind people if you do what everyone else does you get what everyone else has.....and in this case its a cloudy pool

7. Back To Top    #7

It's amazing how brainwashed some people are. They really can't let go of their "pucks". I've tried to explain the CYA to chlorine relationship to some people and they just give me that blank stare like I'm an Alien! Then they start arguing with me that they are doing nothing wrong. Pool stored and not hearing anything else. I just smile and walk away.........!!
    16,000 gallon Oval Vinyl Liner Pool (new liner 2014)
    Custom built in 1999 to be half in-ground and half out (sloped yard) vermiculite bottom, laser sighted to Florida Room and Deck
    Purex Triton Model cc100 Cartridge Filter, 100 gpm flow rate, Penfair 1HP Pump
    TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

snob.gif

hee hee! I like it!

I felt really bad for them. They asked what I do to my pool and I replied with "I put bleach in it." That's "too much trouble" for them so they are gonna stick with pucks and "shocking" once a week. Good luck with that. You can come swim at my house when your pool goes from cloudy to flat out green.
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by joegus View Post
    It's amazing how brainwashed some people are. They really can't let go of their "pucks". I've tried to explain the CYA to chlorine relationship to some people and they just give me that blank stare like I'm an Alien! Then they start arguing with me that they are doing nothing wrong. Pool stored and not hearing anything else. I just smile and walk away.........!!
    Pucks have a place if you understand your pool. I keep one in the pool at all times because of my schedule. I top off with bleach as needed, and adjust pH to counter the acid in the pucks. We lose enough water to splashout to balance the 1 or so ppm that the pucks add.
    21,100 IG Vinyl
    Hayward Pump
    Sand Filter
    TFPC
    Taylor K-2006 Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

I was in my pool yesterday with a pair of goggles on and looked across and watched my boy do a cannonball. It was like i was looking through glass at him. It was so clear. I'll have an underwater video up shortly.
    24'x54" 15k AG round - Outback Genesis
    1 1/2hp Hayward Matrix 2 speed. Hayward 180T Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by aasbury View Post
    Pucks have a place if you understand your pool. I keep one in the pool at all times because of my schedule. I top off with bleach as needed, and adjust pH to counter the acid in the pucks. We lose enough water to splashout to balance the 1 or so ppm that the pucks add.
    I agree. But you must understand what the "pucks" do to your water chemistry. I use trichlor when I go on vacation. I intentionally keep my CYA on the lower side to compensate. You must have a bunch of active kids for the splashout! This is what is so cool about this website and TFPC. No pool store could give you this much information to control the maintenance of your pool!
    16,000 gallon Oval Vinyl Liner Pool (new liner 2014)
    Custom built in 1999 to be half in-ground and half out (sloped yard) vermiculite bottom, laser sighted to Florida Room and Deck
    Purex Triton Model cc100 Cartridge Filter, 100 gpm flow rate, Penfair 1HP Pump
    TF-100 Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by joegus View Post
    I agree. But you must understand what the "pucks" do to your water chemistry. I use trichlor when I go on vacation. I intentionally keep my CYA on the lower side to compensate. You must have a bunch of active kids for the splashout! This is what is so cool about this website and TFPC. No pool store could give you this much information to control the maintenance of your pool!
    Well, there is an example of two brilliant TFP's. They not only know WHAT they are doing but WHY they are doing it. Thanks for posting guys....warms my heart....seriously!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

13. Back To Top    #13

A Facebook friend posted a picture of her pool the other day and tagged someone telling her that the water is now clear. The thought going through my head...It is?
    SCon36

24,000 Gallon IG vinyl pool (16x36x8) with Hayward S200 sand filter and Hayward pump and heat pump. Built August 2011. I use a Taylor K-2005 test kit with a K-1515 add on.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIgL...0MyAw&index=29