SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
So my brother called me this morning about the pool. He always starts his phone conversations with me like this:

WHAT'S GOING ON?! :mrgreen: (I love him!)

Told him not much, just getting off work (It's 7am).

Him: You will never believe how incredibly mad I am! (did not use those words)

I said, Uh oh... What happened?

Him: The baby (She's 6) came in yesterday afternoon and said, Daddy, Daddy! I can't see the bottom of the pool!
(It looked like this when he left for work the nigh before last evening)

He asked her, WHAT?! and she stated again, She could not see the bottom of the pool so he got up, went outside and found this :shock: You guys ready for this one?

The story goes... The baby sitter was in a mud wrestling contest with the neighbor girl. So when she got back to his house, instead of hosing off, she jumped in his pool and this is what happened! So now he's got to SLAM it and spend the money on SLAM'ing it, not to mention the time it takes to clean the filter and vac the pool and his baby can't use it (she's the reason he doesn't drive through it with his truck) and he's still cussing. He asked me if I'd be mad and I told him that he'd hear me from his house if someone covered in mud jumped in my pool. OMG!!! I told him, I would have her out there vacuuming the pool, adding the bleach, testing the water, cleaning the filter AND dragging her out of bed to do the OCLT at 5am to complete the SLAM. (It's his GF's little sister) lol He said, he's NOT paying her to babysit over this fiasco!

I couldn't help but laugh after I got off the phone... Only because it's not my pool but dang! :shock:

My pool flooded with a LOT of dirt runoff -and a LOT of organic run off and I didn't run the pump for 24 hours to let it dry out because the pump had been underwater, too. My pool didn't look anywhere near that bad. And it would have taken a lot more than 1 kid with mud jumping in the pool to have equaled the amount of stuff that ended up in my pool. That looks like there was something else going on besides a muddy kid.

I can't say for sure only what he told me and the pics he sent.

He had shut the pump off and left it to settle so he could vac it up. I bet there was more than one muddy person in there though.

I would be so mad if one of my kids or sitter did this to my pool. I told him, I would so make her do the work. All of it, under my supervision.

Please forgive as I know he has to be frustrated but this mud wrestling baby sitter situation is the most hilarious story I've read. Would this happen to be in my home state, Oklahoma ?Best wishes though in getting it resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Note to self: Fill in the jello/mud wrestling pit under construction in the back yard.

You don't have to go crazy now just from one horror story !! :ncool:
Just limit it to sugar free jello in the wrestling pit. Fewer organics to cause any trouble with the water and you still get a "show" ::idea:

From the crystal blue to the dogdaz green pond I think there is something missing from that story.

No, the jello pit is good!! Just add a shower and one of those signs that says shower before entering pool.

As an aside, I'm working on plans for an outdoor shower in the back yard.....

This is the whole point on why he's so mad!

Well, the girl is only 14 so there will be no pics of the escapades.

Do you think the phosphates are high? :mrgreen: Should he get it tested at the pool store? lol

I think the first picture is much older than the second as it was stated that the pool "looked like this...", meaning it was clear (in his opinion).

So it's totally possible the pool was on the verge of a visit from the Green Monster and his GF's kid sister just gave it the kick it needed.

I totally agree with Casey on the remedy - the little tween-ager would be shackled to the pool deck until she completed an OCLT...three square meals a day and plenty of time in the sun to think over the consequences of acting like numbskull!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think the phosphates are high? :mrgreen: Should he get it tested at the pool store? lol

I don't think I'd waste the time testing as it's only going to get worse. I'd immediately add some "Green be gone" and then follow it up with "New and Improved, Sparkly Blue Plus". Both available at the flying car store down the block.

But before you shackle that teenager to the pool you have to take into account most are saying the pool was likely on the verge of a visit from the Green Monster, so BAD pool owner :hammer: for lack of maintenance !! Maybe the proper FC level would have prevented the mess to begin with ??

Attachments

• Snake oil.jpg
    Snake oil.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 202

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.