Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: By by baby pump...

1. Back To Top    #1

By by baby pump...

Being I can never leave well enough alone. The stock pump on my 16x48 pool lasted a week before it got a 1hp sand filter uploadfromtaptalk1405219071824.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405219083463.jpgupgrade.
    ProSeries 16' X 48" Metal Frame Swimming Pool Filled 7/8/14 NEW
    No clue what I'm doing, dont follow me.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: By by baby pump...

Good show!!
    Soooooooo much better than an Intex filter.

You should know that typically those pumps that come bundled with sand filters are WAAAYYYY over sized, unless of course it's a 2 speed pump.
    Otherwise it blasts the water through the filter too quickly, creating channeling in the sand, then it doesn't filter properly.

To solve this problem, you either need to upgrade to a 2 speed pump (maybe they offer one as a kit), or restrict the flow with a ball valve. The former being the most energy efficient option.

Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks did not know that. It a 1hp pump and filter holds 100lbs of sand. Honestly does not seem to move much more water than other pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Can you post close up pictures of the pump and filter labels?

As for flow...
    Are you using the smaller fittings on the wall, or the larger ones?

Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

5. Back To Top    #5

It's using 1.5" fittings.
    No label on filter. uploadfromtaptalk1405260697449.jpg