Strange question... Need help.

Ok so here's the deal.

I'm mid renovation of my pool. The walls and floor have been lined with brick dust prior to vermiculite being done, hopefully that will be done on Tuesday 15th. Right where the brick dust and wooden pool walls meet, there's now 4 small holes. I've seen a toad sitting in one and a vole going into one of the others tonight.

My question is, how do I get rid of the vole/s? One was removed about a month ago, I don't know if it's the same one back or another one. I have nothing but grass growing in my back yard. I've read that plants and veggies attract them but I have none...

Please help... Thanks in advance.

This is what the pool looks like right now... All the holes are on the right hand side of the pic.

amasutes.jpg

Schroedz.

Personally, I'd get my cammo on and take my BB gun out when they are most prolific and start target practicing. But that's just me! :mrgreen:

Hey... My hubby gives me strange looks, a lot of raised eye brows and a few What the heck's! I just keep on keepin on. The more you kill now, the less you have to worry about when you drop the liner. I'm just sayin...

Butterfly I was thinking about something like that. Thank you. Will go google it and see what I can find.

PAGirl, we have two cats lol. One only catches flies and stink bugs and the other has already caught two voles, daughters boyfriend caught (by hand) and relocated another.

Schroedz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Doglover3, thanks for the info. I'll be getting some asap.

In the meantime, we were told by the guy repairing our pool, that they won't get through the vermiculite once it's done, I don't know how true that is, also he said to put steel wool in the hole before doing the vermiculite. As that would deter them too. I did read that on another website.

Schroedz.

Ok just to put an end to this problem.

I put mouse poison in the holes and then the vermiculite was done. It's been a week and no signs of anything chewing/scratching it's way through the vermiculite. So I'd say it was a success. Yay!

It's finally official... The liner gets dropped in tomorrow. I'm so freaking happy right now!! :D

Here's how things stand today, they filled the gaps in the vermiculite that they'd left previously and of course, pics of the progress so far. Roll on tomorrow hehe...

6erujyza.jpg

zanu6u5e.jpg

Schroedz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.