Help...No chlorine reading...but ph is off the chart

First thing is you are going to need a good test kit. The one most recommended here is the TF-100 from tftestkits.net. Pool store results tend to be inaccurate at best. Without a set of good test results, all we can do is guess or spin the pool wheel of fortune to find out what you need.

Welcome to TFP!

A good test kit will be instrumental with the chlorine problem, I have a link in my signature to the two that have all the tests you will need.

Assuming you are doing the pH test yourself, dropping that to range is something you can do right now. The best way to lower it is to use muriatic acid, found at most home improvement stores and some big box stores. Use PoolMath (also in my signature) to figure out how much to add to bring yourself back between 7.2 and 7.8.

Finally, since you are just getting started the Pool School is a must read. Start with The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and go from there. It will seem like a lot of stuff and way too complicated at first, but it sinks in fairly fast. And you have us here to help you get answers!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.