replacing pump and short pvc on return side

installing a new pump , the pump sits very close to the manifold, i have about 1/2" of pvc to attach a new coupling. if i try to use this am i asking for leaks?

ive read in another thread it may be possible to put a 2-1/2" coupling over the 3-way manifold.

thanks in advance for your help.

2014-07-11 19.59.30.jpg

here is a better picture. it looks like they've originally used a 2-1/2" coupling over the 2-way valve, really stumped on what ill do in case i get leaks or need to replace the pump.

any suggestions?

tO3V0bL.jpg

n2w2vKJ.jpg

Did you really just connect to that really short piece of pipe? At least that is not on the pressure side, but be wary of air leaks.
It might be possible to cut the 2.5" coupler in half and just use a 2" pipe into the inside of the 3-way valve if you run into issues in the future.

Another thing to look for is a fitting extender. Goes over coupling or valve side like yours. I had a very similar situation but I ended up doing something more drastic. I got a torch heated the coupling the used some needle nose to roll and peel off the coupling. Then sanded it a bit with Emory cloth and glued on a new coupling. Other alternative was buying new $55 bulk heads. It worked for me but it I did not know about fitting extenders till I was done lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.