After reading a number of posts and recommendations I came to the conclusion that setting my TA first would be a good place to start.
Before joining TFP I would have my water tested at the pool store. They use a new system that they fill a little plastic disc and then it spins for a bit and the computer spits out your readings and recommended corrections.
I know my CH is 240 ish and my CYA is 70 they haven't changed much and the k2006 (ya I bit the bullet and bought one from the CAN distributor), gave me similar results (CYA). Did not test the CH.
FRIDAY - Readings
FC 7.5 (I've actually shut off the SWG until it comes down).
Don't use borates (not yet).
So I hit the pool with about 4L of MA using PoolMath.
TODAY - Readings
I am presently aerating the pool (using the homemade version I found here on TFP - http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/7457-My-aerator and will test later this evening to see if the PH rises.
When I hit a PH of 7.8 I'll knock it back down to 7.0 and aerate again.
COUPLE OF QUESTIONS:
- If my FC is 7.5 will this affect my TA results?
- Am I right to focus on TA 1st, while watching PH (no lower than 7 aerate to 7.6/7.8 and repeat) and let FC come down to 3 or 4?
- When applying MA to pool, there seems to be 2 approaches - with the later claimed to be more effective.... thoughts?
- Add live to pool (pump on, in front of jet)
- Stop pool pump let currents stop (wait 30 mins) then apply (wait 30 mins), then power pump back on.
Any and all comments welcome as I still have a lot to learn