Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installation of replacement Raypak board controller 010235F

1. Back To Top    #1
    Cortez, CO

Installation of replacement Raypak board controller 010235F

The board controller on my Raypac Heater 266A has gone out. I ordered a replacement retrofit controller off the internet. It was $200 less expensive than the price quoted to me from a local heating and ventilation company. It arrived yesterday and I would like to get advice on how to install it. It looks like it would be fairly simple, but prior to doing so I thought it better to seek help from others with more profound knowledge of the task.
    18K gal, IG vinyl, 1 hp single phase Pentair Pinnacle pump part 7-177474-01, Star-Rite Cristal Flow Filter model T-240BP-1, 266,000 BTU Raypac gas heater model PR266AENC, Coverstar electric safety cover, Hayward Navigator Pool Vac, Pentair model 300 Auto Chlorine Feeder( not using). TF-100 Test Kit. Built June 2007

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Installation of replacement Raypak board controller 010235F

Turn power off to unit, replace board. Not that hard actually. Just place close attention where the connecters came from and then put them back on the corresponding connections on the new board. Actually there are no two alike connecters so it's pretty hard to flip flop them.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Lancaster, PA

Re: Installation of replacement Raypak board controller 010235F

I replaced mine 2 years ago and found it to be extremely easy (turned off gas and electric). This is the second time in 5 years that the controller (Switch Decal Membrane) and Rocker Switch went. A friend of mine had to replace his after 6 months. My latch for the front also broke a couple of years ago. It heats the pool fine, but it definitely has some design challenges.
    16K gal, IG Vinyl, Hayward DE Filter EC-65, 3/4 HP pump, Raypak R266A Gas Heater, Hayward Chlorine Feeder (Retired), Dolphin cleaner. K-2006 w/ Speedstir.
    Pool 18yrs - Liner 14 yrs