Added first bottle of bleach

foosh

Jul 3, 2014
Chattanooga, TN
I received my TF-100 test kit and immediately tested the pool. I'll post the results at the bottom. I added CYA in a sock and 121oz 8.5% bleach last night. Pump has been running constantly. This morning, my walls are green. My water is clear and was clear before. Previously I was using tablets and shock packets. This was my first time using the liquid bleach. Advice?

FC 0
CC 0
TC 0
CH 225
TA 40
CYA <20
pH 7.5

This AM I used the OT test kit with FC 4 and pH between 7.2-7.5

Good job on getting your own test kit! Welcome to a clear pool!

Your TA is a little low and your CH is high. Plug your numbers into Pool Math and see what it says for to do about those numbers.

Brush, brush, brush...........Your pool will get a little worse looking after you do this but you have to let the chlorine get to the algae.

Once you get your numbers in line you will want to do SLAM. A link to it is in my siggy below.

Good luck and let us know if you have any questions or just are unsure of something.

Kim

You have no chlorine in your pool. That is your first and foremost goal.

Tell us how much CYA you put in the pool.

Brush your walls to expose that algae to the chlorine you are about to put in.

Have you read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School? You should have a thorough understanding of that article because I think you will need to SLAM your pool and you must have a working knowledge of "ABC's" before you start.

1. Your pump should be running 24/7

2. Your filter should be cleaned, if necessary

3. Brush the pool thoroughly (esp. those walls) and post back your test results about one hour or so after you brush.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Please add you pool info to your signature: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/165-getting-started

- - - Updated - - -

2. Your filter should be cleaned, if necessary

3. Brush the pool thoroughly (esp. those walls) and post back your test results about one hour or so after you brush.

If you added CYA in a sock to the skimmer it might be a problem. It takes up to a week for it to fully dissolve. During that week it's recommended to not backwash or clean the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.