Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brand new pool just filled - pool builder a No Show - can I start it up myself?

1. Back To Top    #1

Brand new pool just filled - pool builder a No Show - can I start it up myself?

Furious that my pool builder turned out to be so unreliable. Pool was filled yesterday and we were supposed to have "indoc" today where they get the filter and everything started. Of course, they didn't show up.

Today is Saturday and I do NOT want to wait until Monday.

If it matters, pool is concrete, 30K gallons with a pebble finish (Sunstone...they didn't even tell me if I was supposed to be brushing it!).

Filter is Jandy something, with a salt water generator. I have manuals here and I'm so annoyed and frustrated that I'm ready to start the **** thing up myself!

Any advice? Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Brand new pool just filled - pool builder a No Show - can I start it up myself?

Whatever you do, dont turn on the SWG. You need to wait 30 days after plaster for that. That much I know!

Im afraid I wouldnt be much help because I dont know hardly anything about plaster pool start up.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Brand new pool just filled - pool builder a No Show - can I start it up myself?

I would read here to get an idea of what's ahead: Start Up New Plaster

However, doing anything other than what the builder recommends could void/cause issues with your warranty...
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

4. Back To Top    #4

I understand how frustrated you are, but it is best for your warranty to only do as the builder instructs you to do.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

And, you are suppose to brush it daily! I would be getting on the horn and not letting up until he's in the driveway.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

I know your pain. My pool builder is taking a 3 week vacation in Europe right now, leaving us no way to contact him. Plaster is supposed to go in Monday, and I have no idea what kind of support we will get.
    [Under Construction] ~22.4k Gallons - 35x18 freeform IG Gunite w/ 6" raised freeform spa - Pentair Clean and Clear 420, Intelliflo 3.2VF, 320cl, Master Temp heater, Easy Touch 4/Screenlogic, Maytronics M4
    Decking and plaster still undetermined. - Contract Signed 5/10/14 - Excavation 5/23/14 - Steel 5/24/14 - Stub Out 5/24/14 - Gunite 5/30/14 - Plumbing 6/3-6/4/14 - Electrical 6/5/14