Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding Bromine to Taylor Chlorine test kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding Bromine to Taylor Chlorine test kit

I bought a Taylor Chlorine test kit for my pool. I also have a spa and it uses bromine. Can I just buy a bromine reagent or two and use the vials, etc to test for bromine in my spa? What reagents would I need?

And I am guessing that the other things like TA, CH, etc are agnostic to chlorine or bromine and I can use my chlorine kit to test for them in my spa - is that a correct assumption?
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding Bromine to Taylor Chlorine test kit

Yes, you guessed correctly.

For bromine, you can actually use the chlorine reagents and multiply the result by 2.25, or get the bromine reagents and have a simpler multiplication to do.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Adding Bromine to Taylor Chlorine test kit

I think I can handle the multiplication. I asked this in a separate thread but didn't get any takers - is there a good iPhone app to log pool test results. It would be nice to be able to keep a record of these. I can do it in a spreadsheet but it would be more convenient to enter the results on a phone.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels