Maintaining chlorine level

Jul 21, 2008
Just curious about maintaining chlorine level. How often should I be adding bleach to my 27k pool if all reading are correct? Pool is in full sun all day. Reason I ask is I am about to get into some OT at work and I dont want to fall too far behind on Pool duties, as when I am ready for a dip I dont want any surprises!!!:drown:

Just curious about maintaining chlorine level. How often should I be adding bleach to my 27k pool if all reading are correct? Pool is in full sun all day. Reason I ask is I am about to get into some OT at work and I dont want to fall too far behind on Pool duties, as when I am ready for a dip I dont want any surprises!!!:drown:

You could think about getting a SWG or a liquidator or stenner pump to dose FC for you :smile:

JasonLion once a day, is this adviseable at night when the sun has gone down?
Butterfly which is the most economical?
Most would say add in the evening when the sun is off the pool and you have at least 30 minutes or so of the pump running to circulate the chlorine before the pump shuts off.

All three methods have their pluses and minuses which may be different for individual pools. Do a search for each one and do a little reading about them. I have a Stenner, but it may not be the best solution for everyone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.