No pool store!!

Don't mean to brag, or anything; but I have only been to the pool store one time this year!!

Say WHAAAT?! :mrgreen:

I haven't been in one of those thingermabobbers since... well, I can't remember! :jocolor:

Actually, my local pool store is the only place I can get cheap bags of calcium chloride, baking soda, and large bags of DH. They actually got me a good deal on my cleaner last year also... which I had to buy at a regular store or not have a warranty. No need for anything else form them though... :)

I get my Muriatic Acid, CYA and occasionally a couple gallons of 12.5% Chlorine at my local independent pool store. All the items at way better prices than the chain store. I've also been known to come home with an inflatable pool toy every other trip, which is about 3-4 times a season!

I would never say to not go to a pool store, but don't go their blindly, without being able to refute the garbage they sometimes spew. Best example would be like sending my 62 year old mom to Jiffy Lube.... sharks in the water.

Bleach from my local SAMs comes out to $2.66/gal, but my local farm store has liquid shock 10% for $2.00/gal. We are very lucky with prices here in the Midwest

Bleach from my local SAMs comes out to $2.66/gal, but my local farm store has liquid shock 10% for $2.00/gal. We are very lucky with prices here in the Midwest
My 12.5% chlorinating liquid is $3.85/gal (in the San Francisco Bay Area) and even with a 25% off coupon that's still $2.89/gal which is equivalent to $2.31/gal for 10%. So your pricing is indeed quite good.

Menards has 12.5% LC for $1.98 a gallon right now. I stocked up, and I have a SWG pool. I use because the aforementioned pool store sold me a chlorine generator that was "just enough". 18,000 gallon pool and a 24,000 gallon generator. Runs at 100% to maintain "normal levels". Use the LC for heavy use times and to keep TC and FC at 5+ for 100 CYA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.