going on vacation automatic chlorinater. how long for 9 pucks to dissolve?

smooth2222

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
michigan
going on vacation for 10-12 days, shocked pool to 20.

have an automatic chlorinater. how long will it take for 9, 3 inch tricolor tabs to dissolve?

run my pump 8 hours a day, set the chlorinater to 3.5.

I know every pump/pool/chlorinater is different, so just looking for someone that done this before, and what setting they used and if there were any tablets left in the chlorinater?

I let my CYA drop for the last month so be pretty close in balance with 9 pucks dissolving.

15,000 gallon pool

Hard to really say but if you cover the pool with a solar cover you should have no problems. :goodjob:

Without current test results it's more than hard to say. Howd you "let" your cya drop over the past month. I've had the same cya level for over three months. Backwashes and splash out only minimally decease cya. Reducing cya takes a lot of draining and replacing water.

When using trichlor after being familiar with liquid, don't forget the pH! According to pool math on a 15,000 gal pool 9 pucks (~72oz) will raise CYA by 20, but also lower pH by 1.76. In the worst case high CYA can be dealt with when you get back (assuming water is relatively cheap), pH may not be so forgiving.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.