Looking for better lights for an above ground pool

Wiggledog

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2013
Souderton, PA
We have a 30 foot round above ground pool that we are in everyday and almost every night. Thanks to TFP it is sparkling. Now the big challenge. I am trying to find lights that will really light up the pool. We have two Smart Pool 100's, one clear, and the other with colored lights. Between the two there is a decent amount of light but it really gets pretty dim on the opposite side of the pool and in areas next to the lights. The blue LED color throws some colored light into the pool, the green gives the most light, the red and yellow make it look like a shark has just bitten someone in the pool and they are bleeding out badly! My daughter gave me 3 colored disco type lights that float on top of the water and are solar powered for Mother's Day. While the LED's in those do not cover much of an area (they are not supposed to) the color is really vibrant and I would love to find lights that will give that color and strength for use in the entire 30 foot pool. Does anyone know of good lights that would work like that for an above ground pool? We use Bliss lights for landscape coverage at night which makes the plantings look like millions of fireflies are in them. Love them and want some more dramatic night time color in the pool.

Last edited:
I haven't done much in the way of lighting my pool this year. I'd love to see night time pics of yours though.

P.S. I moved it for you. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.