Help with Hayward Aquarite Calibratin

Divin Dave

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2013
Longview, Texas
Welp,
I'm glad its not my mine!

I've been helping a friend of mine with some pool stuff. Long story short, the Aquarite Controller does not seem to be calibrating the Salt Level properly.

Water has been tested by the pool store and with my salt strips so I'm fairly confident the salt level is decent. And I can taste salt in the pool too!
Pool Store = 3900
My test strips = 3700

Here is the deal. When we go to calibrate the Salt Level in Controller, using the instructions in this link,
https://www.inyopools.com/HowToPage/how_to_recalibrate_the_salt_level_on_a_hayward_aqua_rite.aspx
the thing dont work right. Here is what happens.

Push the button to OFF and then back to Auto
Wait for the click - it clicks
Push the diagnostic button 5 times *should take me to the salt level display, and does*
the Display then reads - 0 (minus zero). The minus sign is on the far left side of the display and the 0 is on the far right side.

The dispaly salt level does not count down. It stays at -0 for about 10 seconds and then shows 1100 - steady - and stays that way. We have repeated this several times and the result is always the same.

The top two green lights on the right side of the front panel for Power On and Generating are properly lit up.
All of the other display parameters seem to be working right too. The Check Cell light is not lit up, so that seems to be ok. Everything seems to be fine except the salt level display.

Does anyone have any secret or Top Secret tricks to make this thing reset, or display right?

The cell is a T-15 and was replaced about 6 months ago. (I checked that in the diagnostics too and its good).
The controller is about 3 years old. There is no remote controller or any fancy gadgets.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!

That is odd. It should be displaying the salt level when you do that procedure. I"m no expert, so don't really have advice. I'd probably be calling Hayward/Aquarite to see if they can help over the phone maybe?

"Calibrating" is the wrong word for that procedure. All that does is set the long term average salt reading to the current instant salt reading.

How old is the cell? When the cell wears out it reads a very low salt level, 1100 is quite plausible for a worn out cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.