Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Triton - Should it Stop Where it Started?

1. Back To Top    #1

New City

Dolphin Triton - Should it Stop Where it Started?

Hi All, first post here, first-time pool owner, looking forward to learning and eventually contributing.

I have a Dolphin Triton which I like very much. However it does not return to it's original starting point when finished and I'm not sure if I should expect it to or not. When complete, it stops in seemingly random places, sometimes the deep end, when I have to gently pull it in by the cable to get it out.

I emailed Maytronics and they replied with 'How Your Dolphin Works' and Troubleshooting .pdf's but neither answers my question.

Pool is inground, 16' x 32' oval, ~8ft at the deep end, 3-4ft and stairs at the shallow end

Thanks for any input,

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Dolphin Triton - Should it Stop Where it Started?

Welcome to TFP Howard.

I think you are expecting way to much out of your cleaner to stop where it started.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3
    S.E. MI

Re: Dolphin Triton - Should it Stop Where it Started?

I have a Dolphin, a different model, and it never stops where it started. Mine has a remote control, so if it's not in the part of the pool where it's easier to get it out, I use the remote and just "walk" it over using the remote's joystick.
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)