Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Help with cyan uric acid? Saltwater System join forgot to add this! Now What?

1. Back To Top    #1

Need Help with cyan uric acid? Saltwater System join forgot to add this! Now What?

Hi I am newbie I have the 18X52X9 rectangular pool. I didn't read instructions good I thought the saltwater system is all I needed now it seems I need to put cyan uric acid. Can someone explain why? and also how much I put in to my pool? I am not good with Math and parts of this and ppm's of this. Im sorry! How much would I need to put in for my size pool? I live in California where it is HOT! You guys have always been a huge help!
    4742gal, AG, 9x18x52" Intex, vinyl, sand,1500gph, just purchased 6/1/2014, Going to be building SOON !! EXCITED!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need Help with cyan uric acid? Saltwater System join forgot to add this! Now What

You need cyan uric acid to keep your chlorine from evaporating too fast. Read pool school. Buy one of the recommended test kits. Get started now on the TFPC method.
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Need Help with cyan uric acid? Saltwater System join forgot to add this! Now What

CYA is "sunscreen" for your chlorine.

There is a "pool math" tool accessible from the home page. Input your information, it will do the math for you.

4. Back To Top    #4

If you can get on TFP, you can access PoolMath. As previously stated, it doesn all the math for you. You just measure it out and dump it in. If you can follow a recipe, you can make additions to your pool according to Pool Math. Think of it as a recipe.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter