Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Good quality backwash hose for sand filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Good quality backwash hose for sand filter

Anyone know where can buy the good quality backwash hose? I tried and bought few from local pool store and Walmart store, but they only last 3 times.
    - NY Albany ~27000 water
    - In ground Vinyl 18' X 40' X 8' Deep Curved Roman End
    - Pentiar TA 60 Sand Filter
    - Pentair WhisperFlo 1HP Energy Efficient Full-Rated 2-Speed
    - 250K BTU Nat/Elec. Heater

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Good quality backwash hose for sand filter

I bought an adapter that screws into my backwash line on my DE Filter and a backwash hose from Lowes. It's probably not the best, but it serves the purpose for under $10.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Hudson, WI

Re: Good quality backwash hose for sand filter

If on the other hand you are more of a money is no object guy there is fire hose on Ebay that will last forever. I read a post of someone using it and cost about $50

Getting a quality water pump discharge hose at Menards, FleetFarm, NorthernTool or .... might be an option too if you are looking for something of better quality that will last.

I'd do that but I keep running over my hose with my rider and I can afford to replace the cheap ones when they are too short (often ).
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. May 20 - opened for summer
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit -
    Please help keep the lights on so we can be here for others, become a TFP Supporter!