First time owner of a pool and we have been struggling with our pool this summer.
I just returned from Leslie's and the results of our pool test:
FC - 2
PH - 7.2
TA - 40
CH - 160
CYA - 90
I have spent hours on this site reading the different posts and I have learned so much but I still have questions. Our pool water is crystal clear right now. Using the pool calculator here is my course of action
1) Add one gallon and 3/4 quart (149 ounces) of chlorine bleach purchased at Wal-Mart. My goal is the increase FC to 4.
2) Add 21 lbs (337 ounces) of baking soda. My goal is to increase TA to 80.
I have some questions:
1) What is the difference in the pool calculator between ounces by weight or volume?
2) I believe I read on this website that adding the bleach will also increase the PH. Do I wait until the FC has increased to 4.0 and then retest the PH before I fix the PH level?
3) The Chlorine / SWG Chart on this website has a maximum CYA level of 80. Is 90 that much higher that I need to take corrective action? Because my CYA is 90 do I need to increase my PH level to 6?
4) The pool store wants my CH to be between 200 and 400. I believe I read on this site that because I have a vinyl pool I do not need to be adding any CH. Is this correct?
I know I have a lot of questions so I just want to say thanks in advance for your time in answering them. Thanks!