Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pavers under feet leveled to same grade but ground is not... problem?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pavers under feet leveled to same grade but ground is not... problem?

Been lurking for a bit and finally posting. Getting ready to install an intex ultra frame pool and have a question. I have my pavers placed and leveled to the same grade using a water level. The ground is not 100% leveled out though. Difference of about 2" in spots. Will this cause a problem or will everything be fine since the pavers and thus the pool frame are level?

Appreciate all the help and knowledge on this site!

Thanks,

Mike

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pavers under feet leveled to same grade but ground is not... problem?

It will be a problem. There will be an uneven distribution of weight which will push out differently on the legs.

There was a post not too long ago where a few of the legs were way out of whack and I believe your situation is what caused it.

If you haven't put up the pool already, take the time to level the center out. You will be very glad you did in the long run. It sucks but is certainly a necessary evil.
    Intex 16 * 48 Ultra
    2650 Intex Sand Filter
    Hayward Thruwall Skimmer
    Hardplumbed in 2014
    TF100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by frdvschvy View Post
    Been lurking for a bit and finally posting. Getting ready to install an intex ultra frame pool and have a question. I have my pavers placed and leveled to the same grade using a water level. The ground is not 100% leveled out though. Difference of about 2" in spots. Will this cause a problem or will everything be fine since the pavers and thus the pool frame are level?

Appreciate all the help and knowledge on this site!

Thanks,

Mike
    Mike, I just got done doing the same thing. It sucks and not fun at all. I have the SoCal clay soil that isn't fun to dig or level I used DG to level the center out with the pavers that I leveled. Take a look at my build thread in signature. Good luck and it will be worth all the work when your pool is spot on level.

And Welcome to TFP!
    Intex 15'x42" Metal Frame pool 4200 GAL with Intex SWG. TF-100 test kit. Our Pool Install Thread

In Work! Master Spas Legend Series LSI 557 3-4 person Hot Tub, 230 GAL using bromine to sanitize it. Hot Tub Install Thread

4. Back To Top    #4

Don't quit half way through the leveling stage and call it good. Keep going! You will be glad you did! It's tough but worth looking at a nice and level pool without a bumpy, uneven surface under foot.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

The ring where the walls will sit needs to be quite level. The middle is much more forgiving, as long as it is fairly smooth it can wander around a little.

Once you have the pavers carefully leveled, it isn't too difficult to use a 2x4, either running from paver to paver, or swinging out into the field with a normal carpenters level to keep things stable, to transfer that height to the rest of the area.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for helping me keep my eyes on the prize (nice level ground)! It gets so tempting to cut corners as I feel like I have been digging for a couple of weeks and the wife is starting to get antsy to move to the next step. I will keep digging and get everything leveled out nicely before laying down the DG and then Gorilla Pad. I am also going with a 2650 GPH pump and SWG right off the bat with hard plumbing. I will get a build thread going after all this digging is done to document. Thanks for the encouragement to take my time and do this right. I am certainly not getting it at home LOL.

7. Back To Top    #7

You are doing the right thing! It will be so much easier to vac a smooth surface than craters on the moon! If wifey is so impatient, hand that beauty a shovel!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter