Going on vacation and my pool has a leak!

May 28, 2014
McKinney, Tx
I'll be on vacation for 11 days. And the issue is that my pool has a leak(it was being worked on but the pool repair guy has been slow). It drops by a 1/4" - 1/2" a day. I built an auto water filler with a trough o matic device - using pvc piping - something like this http://www.amazon.com/IA851025-Staypoollizer-Premium-Automatic-Leveler/dp/B004CO5TI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405097386&sr=8-1&keywords=staypoollizer . It seems to be working but I'm afraid it might have a hard time keeping up for all 11 days.
Can I simply shut of the skimmers and just leave the main open? I know that the leaves will be an issue but I'd rather have that then a dry pump causing more costly issues. Please let me know if this is OK.

Yes it leaks below the skimmer. The guy did a pressure test and the pipes are fine. A dye test was done on a couple of cracks and they are leaking. The 2 cracks were partially puttied but it is still leaking. He said that there is weak point in the wall and will need to be punched out and reinforced. That job will be done in the next week or 2.

I just hope the pump doesn't have issues(stays primed overnight). I think one time it went dry because the cover on the pump was not on tight enough.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.