Possible leak?

Apr 30, 2014
United States
Hello Everybody,
I have an ingound pool and spa. Details should be in my signature. We recently moved in to our place in January. Our water bill seems very high. Of course one of my concerns is the pool. Seems as though I am having to run water in my pool for about 30 minutes every two to three days. I do live in Woodland Hills, Ca, which does get hot in the summer. I have put a clear container of water on one of the steps and filled the container to the same level as the pool. 24 hours later there is about a 3/8 of an inch or just a tad over a 1/4 inch difference in the levels. during that 24 hour period my pump continued to run on schedule as well as the Kreepy Krauly. Do you think this is something I should seriously follow up on or is this normal for water lost during the filtering and Kreepy process?
Thanks for all your help here.

If the bucket test ends up at different level than your pool, you have a leak somewhere. The most common culprit is at the skimmer throat. You can dye test yourself and fix with submersible moldable epoxy available from the pool store, or you can call a pro such as American Leak Detection.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.