Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquabot S2-40 Motor

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Aquabot S2-40 Motor

Just wondering If anyone has had any Exp with this cleaner. I have had mine now for just little over a year and the motor has gave up the ghost. Is this a common problem with this model? At $130 for a replacement motor (Robbery) if it burns up every year I would be better off buying a new cleaner. If anyone may know where to get a motor cheaper I am all ears. Kinda disappointed in this cleaner lasting for only half a year actual use I have actually owned if over a year. Anyone care to chime in with their Exp with this cleaner and longevity. So i don't keep putting money in a failed product that will keep sucking my pocket dry.
    2016 Wilbar Venture 21' Round 54" walls
    19" sand filter 1hp. Concrete Pad base.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Long Island, NY

Re: Aquabot S2-40 Motor

The List price for that pump is $129.98 & i only found it for that cost or higher?
    It looks like a new S2-40 is less than $300?
    I hear mixed reviews on the longevity of AquaBot's. I feel they clean great but it maybe hit or miss as to how long they live before some repairs

I'm hoping to get 4-6 years out of my 4WD and know i will have to do some maintenance repairs after a few years
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir