So frustrated and getting more poor!

Jul 10, 2014
Pennsylvania
We have an ultra frame 18'x48" above ground intex swimming pool. We got the pool last year and had no problems keeping our chemicals even and the pool clear.. Put it up this year and have a HUGE problem.

We have algae, lots and LOTS of it. We have triple shocked it.. Our problem is that our cartridge pump (which is a 1500 GPH Krystal Clear Pump) keeps getting clogged after two hours. We clean the filter or put a new one in and try again over and over.. Nothing helps. We also have the Klean Machine pool robot...

We have been dealing with this for weeks. Now the algae is all settled to the bottom... tried to run the robot, but it doesn't pick up the particles... Literally, the water is crystal clear, we just have a bunch of algae sitting in the bottom. I would vacuum to waste, but there is no vacuum I can find that is compatible with this filtration system and pool...

I do not know what to do. My husband and I work all day and can't be here to change the filter constantly.. Please Please Help us.

(Have tested all my chemicals and they are all within the normal range.. other than my Free Chlorine which i'm keeping at shock level)

Welcome to TFP!

I have a question or two for you:

What are you using to test your water?

What are you using to chlorinate your pool?

Ok that is out of the way. Your location says White Oak, but what state? It could make a difference in the advice your get here.

Okay...
We are in Pennsylvania.
Also (I know, I know) but we are using the HTH strips. Like I said, last year we had zero problems so just didn't order the recommended ones until now.
We have used shock and swim hth. When that didn't work, I triple shocked with "poolbrand quick dissolving shock." The algae isn't even dead, just off of the walls and settled to the bottom. My neighbor threatened to called the borough on us today for our green pool even though we've been out there countless hours trying to fix it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.