Success!

Phil1

Jun 30, 2014
Southern, CA
Replaced an old-style Jandy AquaPure 1400 sensor (which failed) and cell:

IMG_2671c.jpg

with the new-style sensor and cell:

IMG_2724c.jpg
I purchased a half-union for the heater (off screen below the photos), and redid the piping from there all the way to the pipe that goes underground to the pool returns. There just wasn't any space between the fittings to do anything easy in the original piping... and the unions on the old Jandy design and the new Jandy design don't fit each other. We added a union where we cut the pipe headed underground rather than just use a coupling.

Also extended the vertical pipes to raise the cell a few inches. Otherwise the sensor was going to be too close to the outlet pipe of the pump to be easily removed.

PVC work is not really one of my skills, but thanks to some helpful people here we (my son and I) were able to get this repair done!

Anybody need one of the old-style AquaPure 1400 chlorine-production cells? The one I took out was working fine, it was just the sensor that didn't work. It is eight years old though...

Congrats on the fine handy work and saving yourself money by doing it yourself with your boy! :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.