I noticed today that my pump wasn't running. It could have quit either yesterday or today. I called up the home warranty company and set up the repair. The only problem is that they won't be out until Wednesday. That's 5, possibly 6 days with no pump and no circulation and we had heavy rains on Thursday.
My question is...should I go ahead and shock the pool to boost the chlorine level in hopes that I won't have an algae bloom or should I just wait it out?