Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Strange colors in filter/Cleaning question

1. Back To Top    #1

Strange colors in filter/Cleaning question

i clean my filter every week usually, but since i wanna start swimming a lot again i thought **** why not. I went outside to clean it and grabbed the catridge out and as i notice im spraying water down into it a weird grey water is coming out of the catridge as im cleaning it, what could this be??

2: I use 3 tablets of 8oz chlorine in my 8,000 gallon pool, but im trying to think, when i clean my filter could i spray it with purple power? or a disinfectant or something

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Strange colors in filter/Cleaning question

Grey stuff could be plaster dust, dust, or some weird metal compound your Nature2 is creating. The filter is supposed to get that stuff out of the water.

Chlorine is a disinfectant. If you maintain enough in your water, it will keep the filter sanitary, too.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!