Vacation time quandry

Bosqueboy

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 29, 2007
Amherst, VA
I'm in need of some advice! Normally when I go on vacation, I have a friend check the pool every couple of days to make sure that all frogs, big spiders, lizards and snakes are scooped out and that the skimmer isn't clogged up with leaves. Since this is a SWCG pool, the chemistry tends to stay pretty stable and it is usually right where I left it when I return 7 days later after my visit to Nags Head.

This season all my pool buddies are either on vacation or incapacitated and I am faced with the prospect of just turning everything off and running the risk of returning to a green swamp or of leaving everything running and returning to a totally clogged skimmer and and a burned out pump.

I hope that I'm over stating the case and that by adding extra liquid chlorine and/or algaecide I can turn the pump off for a week and come home to a dirty pool but not necessarily a green swamp.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Do you also have a floor drain? If so the clogged skimmer is not really a concern. I am currently on a 10 day vacation and have no one looking at my pool. I did bump the SWG output up a little, but that is all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.