Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plumbing question

1. Back To Top    #1

Plumbing question

Is there a way to reuse the jandy valve on the left if I plumb into that section with a swg?. It looks to me like I will need to cut it out on the vertical pipes since the run between the filter and the valve has a bunch of jogs and no place to plumb in the swg. The swg would go into a new section that leaves the filter and goes back then up and then front to drop back down to jandy valve.
    ~15K gal, IG gunite with new Wetedge Satin Matrix Pebble Finish installed mid 04/14, 1 HP Pentair Challanger pump, Sta-rite System 3 300 sqft cartridge filter, G3 cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plumbing question

Hard to see. Can you add a closer picture of the valve and plumbing in question?

You may be able to use a short section of smaller pipe and glue it to the inside of the valve.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I will take a better pic tonight. Thanks
    ~15K gal, IG gunite with new Wetedge Satin Matrix Pebble Finish installed mid 04/14, 1 HP Pentair Challanger pump, Sta-rite System 3 300 sqft cartridge filter, G3 cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Here is a better shot.

5. Back To Top    #5

Is that all 2" pipe and fittings? If so you should be able to use a short section of 1.5" pipe into the 3 way valve and immediately use a reducer back up to 2" pipe.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Is that much head loss going down to 1 1/2 for that short section?

7. Back To Top    #7

It would not even be noticeable.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

8. Back To Top    #8

Ok thanks for the quick answers!

9. Back To Top    #9

Here is the dry fit pics

10. Back To Top    #10

And the final waiting to cure and then crossing fingers for no leaks!

11. Back To Top    #11

Overshot the salt by a little but everything looks operational.

12. Back To Top    #12

Overshooting the salt doesn't matter much unless you go WAAAY over. Also, the SWG units typically have a +/-400ppm accuracy. I would suggest getting an independent test of the salt concentration (either Taylor drops or AquaChek strips) just to keep an eye on your independent salt value versus what your machine reads.

My IC40 always reads high by about 500ppm or so relative to my AquaChek strips. The problem is my salt can go low but my IC40 says everything is ok. So I like to try to shoot right in the middle if the two.