ProSeries 16X48 pool filter system help!

We have a ProSeries 16X48 pool with the SFS1000 Filter System Pump Type F1000C. The black pump housing is cracked and leaking and we are going to have to replace it. We have a hard time keeping the pool clean and we were wondering if a F1500C pump would be better or the SFS2000 Series or trying a sand system. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Your best bet would be the sand filter and add a skimmer box to the pool. You can find a ton of modification threads by using the search feature. :goodjob:

Hi Vickers,
I have a ProSeries pool as well. The pump that comes with the pool is not nearly sufficient for keeping your pool clean. I purchased a sand filter for mine, and the difference is night and day. I still use the included pump as a skimmer. My suggestion would be, if funds allow, purchase a sand filter and pump, and just wait for a pump to replace your broken one to show up on kijiji or your local classifieds.

Same here... I agree with GreatCanadian. I have the 18' Pro Series with skimmer, I bought the conversion adapter off amazon and the sand filter there. It works much better... And it doesn't make the "grinding corn" sound the original pump did... LOL :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.