Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ProSeries 16X48 pool filter system help!

1. Back To Top    #1

Oak Ridge, Missouri

ProSeries 16X48 pool filter system help!

We have a ProSeries 16X48 pool with the SFS1000 Filter System Pump Type F1000C. The black pump housing is cracked and leaking and we are going to have to replace it. We have a hard time keeping the pool clean and we were wondering if a F1500C pump would be better or the SFS2000 Series or trying a sand system. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: ProSeries 16X48 pool filter system help!

Your best bet would be the sand filter and add a skimmer box to the pool. You can find a ton of modification threads by using the search feature.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3
    St. John's, Newfoundland

Hi Vickers,
    I have a ProSeries pool as well. The pump that comes with the pool is not nearly sufficient for keeping your pool clean. I purchased a sand filter for mine, and the difference is night and day. I still use the included pump as a skimmer. My suggestion would be, if funds allow, purchase a sand filter and pump, and just wait for a pump to replace your broken one to show up on kijiji or your local classifieds.
    13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump
    GLI Whirlwind Solar Cover Reel, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    Christmas, FL

Same here... I agree with GreatCanadian. I have the 18' Pro Series with skimmer, I bought the conversion adapter off amazon and the sand filter there. It works much better... And it doesn't make the "grinding corn" sound the original pump did... LOL
    Installed May 2014 - 16' x 48" Summer Escapes Pro Series Pool AG Vinyl (6,000 gal) - Intex 2650 Sand Filter - Christmas, FL