Bleach used as my chlorine tablets?

I have been reading the TFPC for Beginners and am under the impression that it is more advantageous to use common bleach than chlorine tablets from XXXmart. Is that true?
Also it seems that all bleach is not created equal.
What bleach has the highest concentration of %strength? Most is at 6% but some are almost double from what I understand.

In most cases, yes, bleach is a better choice than any of the powdered or solid forms. The only byproduct it leaves is salt; they all do, anyway, but the others also leave behind cyanuric acid or calcium.

The highest concentration you'll probably find is 12.5%. Bleach degrades rapidly just sitting at high temperatures, and the stronger it is, the faster it degrades. So anything stronger than that won't be for very long. which is why they don't sell it at 50 or 60%.

Price/ (volume* percentage) = relative cost. Sometimes the weaker stuff is a better buy. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/71808-Bleach-Prices-2014

Yes, most of us use bleach for chlorinating our pools.

Look at the labels in your local stores. Quite often it is now 8.25%. Check also the date code printed on the bottle. The fresher the better.

Avoid buying the "pool chlorine" from places that store it outside in the heat, as this degrades the strength.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.