I got this test kit for my inability to see differences between colors as well as I'd like... I also like the digital readings - hoping they help me be more accurate.
I have on order a TFT for Fas-DPD to see if I have an overnight chlorine loss. My Kit above measures two digits in (100th's right)
1) that is not good enough? (If I read the forum data correctly)
I have an automatic chlorine dispensing system "Frog" by King Technologies (we travel 4 days out of 7 being on a dedicated route as truck drivers). I want to be out of the chemical stockpile fortune I've invested in currently and be TFP at that point...
2) or would I be wasting my time due to not being able to dose the pool daily w/bleach?
My tests are done 2-3 times weekly. Currently I've noticed the PH & FCL are dropping since past heat wave & for last 3 weeks on the general decline & my CYA is rising so that said:
Here's my today test scenario -
My Frog Dial is set a 6!
The pool installer says with my Ozone system & Frog my FCL should be 2ppm and total chlorine never over 4ppm. This past week - My Frog doesn't seem to respond to changing the 1 to 10 numbered dial (but the chlorine is being used at almost a cartridge per week in summer heat). It used to operate correctly with settings 1 = 1ppm & 4 on dial is 4ppm (total chlorine). The pool looks clear but not "sparkly" I have a cover on while we are not home - (too many dust storms in AZ & rabbits love my pool if it's not on!)
3) do I have algae in the under side of the cover? Is that possible?
4) I also have a swimming bug that dives to the bottom of the pool as if taunting me & when I catch them and smash them before they fly away - their is a slight bloody muck coming from them. I smashed 20 of them Sunday and 2 today...
5) If I could change to a SWG - could those bugs still live in the water in that environment? or is it my FCL level driving them to enjoy my pool more than me?
I tried my best to read & learn before posting - so not to duplicate your efforts to help me. With your help I look to the right path awaiting me soon!
(I know I have several questions rolling & rambling here - thanks for getting to all of them)