Why take out the light?!

Jun 23, 2014
Falls Church, VA
Here is the story:

The previous owner of my house had the pool built in 1984 with a 500w light in the deep end. He then had it replastered in 2006 or 2008 (I dont remember, but I have the original blue prints and receipts somewhere).

It currently does not have a light, and thus I am assuming that the light was plastered over when it was replastered.

My question is: why?

More importantly, how hard would it be to replace? The conduit is still run over to the junction at the pool deck.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Poolbie

If they plastered in the niche for it, it'll be more trouble than if it is just missing.

Lights are expensive and can be a pain. He probably got tired of it. Same reason some people fill in their pools.

The old owner could be like my brother. He and his wife are obsessively scared about their kids getting electrocuted by having a light in their pool. Heaven forbid they do a little research to find out how safe it really is, rather than just continue to spread around their hysteria. It was so bad, that when they purchased a house that had a pool, they called the pool man to disconnect the wiring for the light before they would ever get in. When it was time to replaster, they just had them fill it in, since they weren't planning on ever using one. When I let them in on my intentions to build a pool and told them about my color changing LED lights, the first thing they asked me was.. "aren't you worried about getting shocked." I responded with a "NO"... I think I'm more shocked that they keep on perpetuating their fears on others, rather than just learning about how safe they can be when properly installed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.