Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Loose bonding wire and circuit breaker

1. Back To Top    #1

Loose bonding wire and circuit breaker

I have recently had trouble with the circuit breaker tripping on my pumps. I note that the bonding wire connecting them has lost a connection so it's not connected securely and uninterrupted. Can these two problems be related?
    Obviously I can easily secure the bonding wire but I don't want to falsely hope that will stop the breaker from tripping, so I await your educated opinions. Thanks
    Walnut Creek, CA. 18k gallon Pebble Sheen + 1.5k gallon IG spa, 1.5hp whisperflo main pump, Pentair clean and clear 420, Intellichlor IC20, Polaris 360 w/booster,Jandy lite 2 natural gas, plus solar with Heliomatic 5000 controller and 3/4 hp booster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Loose bonding wire and circuit breaker

They should not be related. Reconnect the bonding wire. Bare thick copper wire, correct? See if the pumps behave differently.

Why don't you post a picture and explain the setup and we will see if we can help.

When does the breaker trip? When one pump is running, both pumps?
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Loose bonding wire and circuit breaker

Quote Originally Posted by gwegan View Post
    They should not be related. Reconnect the bonding wire. Bare thick copper wire, correct? See if the pumps behave differently.

Why don't you post a picture and explain the setup and we will see if we can help.

When does the breaker trip? When one pump is running, both pumps?
    I will get some pics later today, thanks for offering to help. I have never seen it personally, told that the breaker trips after all of the pumps have been running for some time. That is to say, not immediately when the timer turns them on.
    Walnut Creek, CA. 18k gallon Pebble Sheen + 1.5k gallon IG spa, 1.5hp whisperflo main pump, Pentair clean and clear 420, Intellichlor IC20, Polaris 360 w/booster,Jandy lite 2 natural gas, plus solar with Heliomatic 5000 controller and 3/4 hp booster