Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Basketball goal

1. Back To Top    #1

Basketball goal

So we went to a local auction last weekend and I picked up a new basketball backboard for $15. We have been looking at pool goals and the ones we have seen are outrageous. So for $15 I thought I would take a shot. This is a 52" spalding acrylic backboard. Since we already have concrete poured what would be the best installation method? The only thing I am coming up with is getting a post and using concrete post mounts with some redheads but that will look ugly and the wife would probably kill me. Anyone ever done anything like this or got any other idea?
    18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

2. Back To Top    #2
    Arkadelphia, AR

Re: Basketball goal

Drill holes with a concrete bit and use lag bolts and lag anchors.
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

3. Back To Top    #3
    Midland TX

Re: Basketball goal

Personally I think I would look for a more mobile mount.
    So when the wife wants to entertain "adults" we could wheel it out of the way, BUT when the grandkids come you go kiddos....
    7200 Gal Above Ground, 1.5HP Dynamo Pump, 250# Pentair Sand filter with ZeoLite. Diver Dave Cleaner. TFP test kit w/SpeedStir, 3 Grandaughters swimming every week.